Thursday, April 23, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
- What are the three basic elements of a camera?- a lens that gathers light, a detector that converts photons to electrons, and circuits that control timing and send image information to an external device.
- What is an SLR camera?- single, lense, reflex, camera-t he scene being photographed is reflected onto the surface of the film by a mirror.
- What is the purpose of a camera's aperture?-The aperture controls the amount of light that reaches the camera sensor.
- What does shutter speed on a camera control?-If you change the shutter speed, or the light level changes, the camera adjusts.
- To get the right exposure for a picture, what three things must be balanced?-1bracketing; 2 Focus bracketing; 3 White balance bracketing.
- To take pictures outside on a very sunny day, would you use a high or low film speed? Why?-High-numbered film speed is more sensitive to light and therefore the film is faster so that the resulting image does not become overexposed or too bright.
- What are the four steps for developing black and white film?-Acid stop bath; Fixer; Wash; Drying; Storing; Agitate
- What things are needed to make a black and white print?- Darkroom,Enlarger with timer,Masking easel,Photographic paper,Negatives,Scissors,Developer, stop and fix, ready to use,Processing trays,Tongs,Thermometer,Measuring cylinders and jugs,Water supply and sink.
- For a black and white print, the final image is actually what material?-latent image formed